Beldocs in Progress International call for Applications
News - 16.11.2018
Belgrade/Serbia (09 – 10 May 2019)
Beldocs in Progress (BIP) International is a platform to present international documentary projects from Western Balkans and Post Soviet Media countries to international industry. The aim is to support the production, post-production, distribution, and exposition of international documentaries from low production capacity countries on film festivals, TV channels and VOD platforms by presenting the projects to festival programmers, sales agents, distributors, TV commissioning editors and potential co-producers.
Eligible Western Balkan and Post Soviet Media countries are: Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine.
Beldocs in Progress International is supported by Creative Europa/Media sub-programme as a part of Beldocs Industry programme and will take place in Belgrade (Serbia) on 9th and 10th of May, 2019 during Beldocs International Documentary Film Festival.
Film production companies from above mentioned countries with a documentary project which is at any stage of shooting can apply. This means a project at development stage is not eligible to apply. The aesthetic quality and integrity of the submitted footage will be the prior evaluation criteria.
– BIP presentations: Filmmakers should apply with 10 to 15 minutes of edited scene or scenes of the film, this footage can’t be a research trailer. In case of selection, every project will have 20 minutes of presentation time including screening the material, pitching, and Q & A session during a public industry pitch, in presence of the jury and the industry professionals.
– BIP exclusive market screenings: Filmmakers should apply with any cut between the rough cut and the final post-production stage. Films that have not been publicly screened before the end of Beldocs 2019, can apply.
In case of selection, the whole cut will have an exclusive screening to the jury and accredited industry professionals. The screening will be followed by a 7 minutes of Q & A session after the screening.
Projects that have participated in the previous years of Beldocs in Progress can only apply to BIP exclusive market screenings.
– Short documentaries intended to be under a duration of 40 minutes can only apply with the whole cut of the film.
The cash and in kind post-production awards will be announced soon. BIP presentations and BIP exclusive market screenings will compete together for the awards.
One director and one producer of selected projects will be invited to Beldocs to present their projects. Half-board accommodation in double rooms (breakfast and a meal) for 3 nights and accreditation will be covered by Beldocs. Travel expenses need to be covered by the participants.
SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS should be sent in English language and with English subtitles:
– Logline ( up to 220 characters incl. spaces )
– Synopsis ( up to 2000 characters incl. spaces )
– Treatment ( up to 6500 characters incl. spaces )
– Director’s statement and the audio-visual vision intention note ( up to 3500 characters incl. spaces )
– Financial plan ( including financing in place )
– The key creators of the film including the co-producers
– 3 film stills
– Director’s photo, bio and filmography
– Producer’s photo, bio and filmography, company profile, contact details
– Producer’s note on the current stage of the film, specifying the needs and goals of the film, and including the expected duration, language and planned premiere date of the film. ( up to 3500 characters incl. spaces )
– Link to the work in progress material (10-15 minutes of footage, or whole cut of the film)
– Max. two links to the previous work of the director
All the written materials should be sent in one PDF including the stills and the links. Other types of documents or separate documents will not be accepted. Please send your applications to:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE is March 1st , 2019 and the final selection will be unveiled in a month after the deadline.