Beldocs IDFF announce open call for the authors and/or producers of feature documentary films in early stage of production which comes from Western Balkan countries (Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Macedonia, Serbia, Kosovo and Albania), Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) and Post-Soviet Media Countries (Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine) to submit their projects for 3 full day course at Beldocs Academy.
Beldocs Academy programme is supported by Creative Europe/Media sub-programme as a part of Beldocs Industry programme. It will be held in Belgrade during Beldocs (International Documentary Film Festival) in May 2019. 3 full day course tutored by Francine Raveney and Kobi Shely will be focused on how to make financial, marketing, distribution plan and business strategy along with making applications for Media and Eurimages funds. Throughout 3 day lectures, master classes and one-to-one session participants supposed to develop their projects in order to be prepared for public pitch.
At the end of the course a public project pitch will be organized in front of wide range of international co-producers, distributers, sales and broadcasters in order to provide possibility for the authors to get feedback as well as collaborates in further development. Also we prepared an award for the best pitch (1500 euro).
– Short biography of author or producer (1000 characters max)
– Project description or synopsis (3000 characters max)
– Motivation letter explaining why the applicant wishes to take part in the programme (1000 characters max)
– Project budget (choose the most convenient template for you)
– Business plan – financial and distribution plan (2000 characters max)
– Teaser or trailer or photo visual references (no longer than 1:30 min.)
Submission fee: 180 euro
The fee includes:
– 3 full day courses
– pitch session and one-to-one meeting organization
– 4 night accommodation (B&B in double room with bathroom)
– welcome dinner in restaurant (without drink)
– 3 day lunch & drink
– market dinner in restaurant (without drink)
– accreditation pass for all film screenings and parties
– paper material for the course
The fee does not include:
– travel costs
– public transport
– other individual costs
You are invited to submit your project in PDF format via e-mail: email@example.com
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS: 01 MARCH 2019.
10 projects will be selected and one of them will be sponsored by BELDOCS IDFF.
If you want to apply for the scholarship please write a short explanation why do you need it and believe that you should get it.
TUTORS: Frencine Raveney is former Director of EWA Network and is currently Head of Research and PR. She has been executive producer of a number of films. As an expert in European co-productions, Francine regularly teaches at film schools and training courses, and acts as a project consultant. She is also working part-time at the Eurimages co-production fund. She studied French and English at Oxford University, followed by Women’s studies.
Kobi Shely is an audience strategist professional, trainer and industry leader in digital film marketing support and execution. He also works with clients to reach their audience through various marketing channels and working closely with strategic partners.